BECK'S BIG OVERSEAS ADVENTURE

Monday, August 22, 2005

just what the doctor ordered..

after a "not so great" english summer, I finally got the sunshine and warmth I deserved!... Me, Pauline, Bek, Ray, Flick, Megs, Ben, Darren & Jimmy made our way to Lefkas to meet up with skipper Aaron and our able seacraft, a 49ft Ocean Star yacht, Fanclub IV..

The good ship Fanclub IV

8 days of fantastic sunshine, scorching heat, crystal clear cool sea and not a worry in sight!..

IMG_0916

Daz jumps into the Ionian

We sailed from Lefkas town to Nikiana, Friskardo (where we partied at the most amazing open air bar), Ag. Efimia, Sami (where we visited an underground lake), Vathi, Meganisi and back to Lefkas..

Melassini Lake

change hut on Sami beach

I can't really recall much happening of note.. and that's just how I like it!.. I honestly haven't been so relaxed and carefree in a long time!.. Excellent company, hilarious conversations, great food and fresh air.. just perfect!..

ray me and pauls in the dingy

In usual tradition (this was the 3rd time I'd been on a Mediterranean sailing trip with Aaron) I organised a theme night which saw us all dressed as sailors and for a short time saw Aaron dressed as Cher as we attempted to remake her "if i could turn back time" music video!!.. we got a couple of shots of Aaron in fishnets, corset and wig before we let him join our sailor ranks!.. we turned a few heads when we went out for dinner that night, but were rewarded by an english family buying us a couple of bottles of wine saying "it's nice to see people having a good time"!..

sailors paul bek and me

sailors at dinner

ah how quickly the glow of summer fades though.. it's cold and raining outside as i fry my eyes on my radiation emitting modern day necessity...

1 Comments:

  • this was an AWESOME POST! my only regret was the pathetic comments i see as a result! I am so happy that i "ran" across this at this ungodly hour of 2am...lmao...dont eveeeen ask how i came upon it..umm it has to do with my hubby in the USNAVY stationed in Norfolk, Virginia and me in the Midwest and wanting to send him a siren pic and searching for one...umm yeah and i came across this!! Saw the pic and i thought you were a depiction of some "sirens" at a "port" awaiting some sailors "coming in"!! Yes i put in the search engine on google "sailor and sirens" under "images"...and then away i went...and your picture is posted! Well the pics were ALL great and it looked beautiful! And i might just send the link to my hubby afterall 'cause he will surely get a laugh at the "sailor" fiasco! take care guys!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home