BECK'S BIG OVERSEAS ADVENTURE

Friday, July 08, 2005

Larry, my Latest Love

It's not something I usually do, but there was a force far greater than anything I could resist.. I answered a one-line ad in the paper, it just felt so right.. We arranged to meet one hot summer afternoon.. I saw him standing there on the side of the road long before he saw me.. I fell in love at that very moment.. As I walked up to him, I thought of my previous loves.. First there was Felix who I nursed back to health after a serious illness, but had to let go when he became too dibilitated.. Then there was Harley who I loved dearly, but our relationships suffered many bumps and bruises and in the end I finished it when I moved to London.. no looking back.. I just knew that Larry would be Mr. Right!..

The introductions were a little awkward, but I was impressed with what I saw.. Full of character, and able bodied.. it was meant to be.. Some quick negotiations, and then he was mine!..

Larry is a 1989 Toyota Townace Royal Lounge.. (more commonly known as a Tarago back in Oz).. He's top of the range material with full velour trim, 6 sunroofs, Electric Curtains, Electric Windows, Power Steering, 7 seats, with 2 armchairs in the back that swivel to face either forward or backward and a small fridge / ice maker mounted in the dashboard...

Already he has taken us to Windsor, Camping in Somerset, Manchester & Glastonbury in comfort and style.. with the only casualty being the annoying little bell that sounds once you go over 110km/hr.. (we thought he could do without it)..

We have plans for another few weekends away in the English countryside, before we embark on a tour through France, Spain, Portugal and Morrocco in September.. our only wish is that we could take him to Canada with us after that..

larry @ night
Photos courtesy of Ray Grasso

larry & family
Photos courtesy of Ray Grasso

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home